Mother’s Day is coming up and I wanted to do a lovely gift guide for you. Being that my only child is the four-legged furry kind, I asked my friend and fellow blogger, Char (mother of two, founder of inspirational mommy resource blog CrazyBabyTalk), to create a Mother’s Day gift guide any mom would love.
Without further adieu, Char’s Mother’s Day Gift Guide:
“Today I asked my husband what comes to mind when he thinks of Mother’s Day. His quick-thinking response was flowers; the standard go-to gift for beloved mothers on their special day. Ever since my first Mother’s Day a few short years ago, my husband has brought both me, and his mother, beautiful bouquets.
Not being just a standard kind of husband though, he also ‘surprises’ me with a sweet sentiment of how much it means to him to have me as the mother of his children. Last year it came in a little blue box and was handed to me by my toddling first born. Pregnant with our second son, I already knew I would find inside the box a tiny key representing the newest addition-to-be. The year before I had also received a little blue box and it contained a chain necklace adorned with one large key representing ‘us,’ adjacent to a tiny key symbolic of our one and only babe.
I cherish these keys because they represent something truly special between my husband and me. What makes them so special is not that they came in a little blue box but because he put thought into selecting a gift with meaning; and a gift with meaning will make any mother smile – regardless of the price tag.
Because every mother is unique, I thought I would share with you a list of several gift ideas to help inspire you in your purchase of a thoughtful gift for the mothers in your life.”
1. The Earth Mother: “Family Tree” Necklace by Menuet Designs $32.50
2. The Luxurious Mother: “Miss Havisham” Encrusted Skinny Bangle in Rose Gold by Alexis Bittar at Nordstroms $195
3. The Poetic Mother: She Walks in Beauty: A Woman’s Journey through Poems by Caroline Kennedy at Anthropologie $24.99
4. The Preppy Mother: Cockatoos iPhone 4 Case at Kate Spade $40
5. The On-Trend Mother: Neon Edge Linen Scarf at Juicy Couture $78
6. The Expectant Mother: Custom Painted Sonogram Photo Frame by Paton Lane Designs $24.99
(photo credits: All photos copyright of the respective retailer.)
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!