Ok, I don’t know about you, but it seems that lately the DFW shopping scene has been slow! I am style starved! But alas, folks have slowly been reaching out to me to let me know about their upcoming events. (Huge thanks to the jewelry designers and boutiques that keep me informed!)
Here’s the line up so far: Nordstrom Rack Opening Mar. 17, Fashion Cited Charity Event Mar. 24, The Dallas Flea Mar. 26, Glam Shop Girls Mar. 30 and the Dallas International Film Festival Mar. 31-Apr. 10.
1. Nordstrom Rack opens this Thursday, March 17th (St. Patrick’s Day) at the Parks at Arlington Mall. I did a preview walk-through of the store recently and I can tell you that this store is bursting at the seams with designer goodies with your name on it. The Rack has unbelievable discounts so you only pay a fraction of the retail price!
Men: Ben Sherman, Bugatchi, Burberry (galore!), Hugo Boss, Michael Kors, 7 For All Mankind (great selection of jean brands too), and more.
Women: Juicy Couture, Burberry, Fendi, Michael Kors, Leifs Dottir, Kate Spade and much, much more.
Now, listen to Nik, I’m your friend and I want the very best shopping experience for you. Are you ready for this? GET THERE EARLY! As in Thursday. Before 8:30am. Do not wait until the weekend. There will be a Race Through the Rack Sweepstakes drawing on opening day that you won’t want to miss! Click here for details.
Good luck! (Not that you’ll need it on St. Patrick’s Day.)
2. Fashion Cited Charity Event Benefiting Legal Hospice.
3. The Dallas Flea is upon us once again, this time on Mar. 26th, 9am-4pm at 1409 S. Lamar Street.
Same formula, same fun: Only $5 bucks to get in and shop a huge selection of vendors with handmade, high-end, one-of-a-kind clothing, home decor and jewelry like these gorgeous finds from The Silver Importer:
4. Glam Shop Girls– I have never attended this but I think it’s similar to Shecky’s Girls Night Out, which I love. Glam Shop Girls features chic shopping events in Dallas, Houston and San Francisco. This event is held in the same building as The Dallas Flea.
GLAM SHOP GIRLS DALLAS
March 30, 2011 | 5:30pm-8:30pm
Absinthe Lounge & Cigar Bar
(inside S. Side of Lamar Building)
1409 S. Lamar #008
Dallas, TX 75215
RSVP HERE OR PAY $10 @ THE DOOR
5. The Dallas International Film Festival ramps up on March 31st, so if you missed SXSW, here’s another chance to get your film fix. I missed SXSW too, as I left Austin on the Friday the festival began…oh well, there’s always next year! Tickets for the Dallas film festival go on sale on March 17th.
In sum, March gives fahionistas plenty of opportunities to sip, shop, save and do a good deed or two. As always, if you attend these events please share your experiences here, in the comments or by emailing me at email@example.com.